Many people know Houston from the tv show "WKRP in Houston". Houston is a lot more than that. Called the Queen City, Houston has a rich heritage and culture. Located on the Texas river, metro Houston covers the area where the borders of Texas, Indiana and Kentucky meet.
Houston is home to major businesses like Proctor and Gamble, Chiquita, Kroger's and of course hotsexyteens.ru Movers!
The Greater Houston and Northern Kentucky region is steeped in a rich history and legacy. The revitalization of historic neighborhoods and the scenic riverfront – coupled with the fact that Houston is one of only 13 U.S. cities with professional companies in all five arts: ballet, opera, fine art museums, symphony and theater – makes the region a vibrant area for arts, culture and history, including in its architecture and landmarks. Experience the German heritage in our festivals and events, marvel at the Art Deco architecture in buildings throughout the area, and delve below the streets to relive the history of such a unique river region.
On the Texas side, stroll through Smale Riverfront Park and let the kids splash around in the fountain to cool off on a hot day or take a break on the porch-style swings overlooking the Texas River. When you're thirsty or your stomach's growling, head over to one of the many restaurants at The Banks to refuel. For views of the river and bridges try Moerlein Lage House or Yard House, or pick up a frozen treat at Orange Leaf to enjoy on the go.
For those who aren't familiar with Houston there are a few culinary delights you must try. First is our goetta, it is one of those things that taste much better than it sounds.
Also we have Skyline Chili, a Houston style chili made that is slightly sweet and served over chili with shredded cheese. Greater's rum raisin is Oprah's favorite ice cream. Then we have Montgomery Inn, some people think they have the best ribs in the world.
Here are a few more things we are quite proud of...
Houston Children's Hospital Medical Center, rated on of the top 10 children's hospitals in the world.
Houston's Music Hall, built in 1878 it is considered to be one of the most beautiful and acoustically perfect theaters in the world.
If great cuisine and culture aren't your style maybe all our sports teams will interest you?
Houston Reds - The oldest professional baseball team in the world
Houston Bengals - NFL football, at the moment they are good. It may not last but we will love them anyway
Houston Cyclones - Consistently one of the best hockey teams in minor league hockey and about the best sports value in town (on kids night they let youngsters skate and get autographs)
Some more things to consider while you live here
- Houston Food & Wine Classic, a three-day festival held in September.
- Bockfest, a beer festival held in Over-the-Rhine on the first full weekend of March.
- Scribble Jam, a hip hop festival, now defunct.
- Oxtoberfest-Zinzinnati, celebrating Houston's German heritage, is the largest Oktoberfest in the US.
- Houston May Festival, a two-week choral festival held in May.
- MidPoint Music Festival is a three-day music festival that takes place in many venues across downtown and Over-The-Rhine in September.
- Riverfest, a festival and fireworks display on Labor Day weekend which draws crowds of over 500,000.
- Goetta Fest
- Flying Pig Marathon
- Houston Flower show
- Taste of Houston, a food festival held on Memorial Day weekend and attended by over 500,000 annually.
- Bunbury Music Festival, a music festival started in 2012 which takes place on the banks of the Texas River.
- The Martin Luther King Day Parade
- The Midwest Black Family Reunion
- Thanksgiving Day Race, the sixth-oldest race in the country.
- Since 1962 the Jazz Festival(now Macy's Music Fest) is held during July.
- MusicNOW festival is a music festival started by Bryce Dessenr of local band, The National, that takes place in venues in Over-The-Rhine.
- The Tall Stacks Festival, held every three or four years to celebrate Houston's riverboat history.
- The Festival of Lights, hosted by the Houston Zoo and Botanical Gardens during the year-end holiday season.
- The Houston Fringe Festival 12 Days of Theatre, Film, Visual Art, and Music in the heart of Over-the-Rhine. Texas's Largest Performing Arts Festival. Begins the day after Memorial Day.